Lilly

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Yes, I'm Alive. Yes, I Have Slacked!

Whew!  Last post was in May?  Where did the time go?  What happened to me?  Well, I can't help you with the time question, but I can tell you what happened to me in one word: Gallbladder.  I had such an extensive to-do/ go get 'em list for Lilly Lu's this summer.  One of the perks of being a teacher is that you get the summers off!  Exactly one week after school was out for the summer, I was undergoing emergency gallbladder surgery. . gallstones and everything!  It took me until the first week in July to fully recover.   Here were some of my intentions: 

** Blog throughout the weeks.
** Make many, many hair pieces.
** Start selling in stores locally.
** Get professional pictures done.

Well, one of them did happen!  I have placed my hair pieces in Hope Taylor and Company AND Crazee Birds.  Both of the amazing and truly unique stores are located on Main Street in North Myrtle Beach, SC.  But please, let me remind you, if you live out of town you can purchase my hair pieces at Lilly Lu's Collection on Etsy.  


And! Wait!  I am engaged!!  My handsome fiance proposed to me on July 14th!  The very next day he took me on a wonderful vacation to Florida!  So then I spend the best part of July celebrating my engagement!  (I'll put pictures at the end!)
With my 2nd year of teaching (woo hoo!!) beginning in about two weeks, I have decided that the other three goals will happen this year!!  I will just need to make time for it.  Teachers teach with 1+ kids of their own, so I think I can do this! 

Meanwhile, here are some hair pieces I did create this summer.  A few of these are custom orders while the others were made to send to the Hope Taylor and Company and Crazee Birds.  Enjoy!  Please forgive the webcam pictures!  My camera was MIA for about a month!

Breast Cancer Awareness #1

Breast Cancer Awareness #1

One of my favorites!  Frogmore Stew

Frogmore Stew

A hair piece specifically designed for Crazee Birds!  Go check them out!



Hair piece #2 for Crazee Birds

Breast Cancer Awareness #2

Breast Cancer Awareness #2

This hair piece (Under the Sea) was originally a custom order for a customer a few months ago.  Since this hair piece has sold, it has become a favorite among many customers!

Under the Sea
A friend in TN custom ordered Auburn Tigers themed hair pieces for her 2-year-old niece.  I hope she loves them!


The ring!  The ring! :)


Magic Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment